ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

A plugin based information bar in Windows

<< < (3/16) > >>

jake78:
I'm glad to see that there is interest. When I started building it, I never intended to release it but then I was convinced by a family member.  :) Before I do that though, I have to fix 2 big bugs. But I will definitely let you know when it is ready!
My first intention was only to have different timezones and currency information in an easily accessible place... and hardcode it. But then I thought I might want more in the future, so I built it with plugins instead. There are limitations on what it's able to show... It can show images, labels and buttons. Then the plugin can show whatever menu or form it wants.

One thing I didn't demo in the video was the X at the far right. When left clicked it will call the regular Windows shutdown dialog, and if it's right-clicked it will give you a menu with different options, such as standby, logoff etc.

fenixproductions: I'll consider the Ultima Prime, my app will definitely be free.

jake78:
I have uploaded an early Alpha version of my app, it's currently called Topbar. If anyone can come up with a better name, I'm all ears.  :D

I hope there aren't too many problems with it, I'm running it daily and haven't had an issues yet except the ones that are stated on my website.

http://www.nordicfx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=29&Itemid=23

jake78:
Just as an update... I have started developing 2 new plugins, one that shows a volume control and possibly a mixer and a second one that shows system information.

Besides memory, CPU, disks and Windows uptime, what do you think would be good to include in the system information plugin?

I haven't posted the latest installer yet, still considering on how to align the plugins.

mouser:
just wanted to say its working great here and its very cool. love how thin it is.

one thing that would be nice is on multimonitor systems i think it only shows on primary monitor and can't be moved.. it would be nice to be able to move it to other monitors.

jake78:
I'm glad you like it, I for one can't live without it anymore. But I guess I'm biast ;-)
I have now implemented multi-monitor support, I'll upload it tomorrow after a little more testing. I unfortunately had to change a little with the configuration files, so you will have to re-add the plugins. I'm getting closer to what i want in the config management, and therefore there will be fewer "re-addings" in the future. I hope it's not too big of an inconvenience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version