ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > BrowserTraySwitch

BrowserTraySwitch tweaks+observations

(1/1)

mouser:
i've noticed some interesting things when testing on dif plaforms and with various dif file extensions.. different browsers use some different strange tricks for different files.

two things: don't be surprised if after you set a browser to be default, the browser itself still reports that its not the default browser, even when it behaves as if it is.  you can try letting it set itsefl to default once, but if it always pops this up when you change browsers back and forth, then just disable the "check if default" for the browser, since its never going to be satisfied; browsertrayswitch doesnt try to change every possible registry setting that a browser might look for in order to satisfy itself.

ive noticed on a new virtual machine that mozilla was complaining about double clicking on .url files, untill i let it make itself the default browser once; after that i could use browsertrayswitch to switch between browsers and double click .urls without issue.

so when in doubt, let each browser make itself the default once - this may let them set up the uniquely wierd settings they want.  BrowserTraySwitch should thereafter be able to switch between them without issue.

TucknDar:
When I switch default browser with BrowserTraySwitch, say to Firefox, clicking a .html or .url file will open it in a currently open browser-window, even if that isn't Firefox. Is it possible to stop this behaviour? I suspect this may have something to do with ddeexec-handling? Current window is re-used somehow.

Also sometimes clicking an .url file will open two windows of the same browser. This is easily "workaroundable" with FF or Opera, but IExplorer opens two windows. I'm using Win2k sp4, btw. Opening the "test-link" in BTS-tray menu works fine, but opening the .url file in the BTS-folder doesn't.

I should also add that I'm not using the explorer shell, I'm using LiteStep. I don't think that is a problem, but you never know with windows and its ugly registry  :-\

mouser:
yeah i really wonder if it is litestep -
is there a way to test it outside of litestep?

TucknDar:
yeah i really wonder if it is litestep -
is there a way to test it outside of litestep?
-mouser (April 16, 2006, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, by running explorer as shell ;)
I'll do that eventually *shrugs* Don't like it, but I'll do anything to help this little gem of an app  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version