ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (10/18) > >>

phitsc:
0.4.0 is now available. I've added hamradio's icons (thanks!) and added support for the most requested (by me ;)) applications storing their MRUs in a file: Notepad++ and OpenOffice 2. Both of these store their MRUs in an xml file. While OpenOffice's is not trivial, Notepad++ stores its MRUs 'the other way round', i.e. from oldest to newest. They are therefore both hard-coded, although I think they could probably both be handled in a descriptive form with xpath and an xpath capable parser. I'll leave that for later though :). I've also added support for Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 which stores its MRUs in the registry, but in a bit an ugly form. Nevertheless, it can be quite easily described and is now implemented in a generic way in FARR MRU. This means:
besides MRUs of the form:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SomeApplication\Recent File List with Values
with values of the form Item 1 = Path_to_some_file in the Recent File List key

FARR MRU can now also handle MRUs of the form:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SomeApplication\Recent Files Key with Subkeys|Value name
with subkeys of the form Item 1 in the key Recent Files Key with Subkeys which store the respective file path in the value Value name under Item 1

Not sure if that is explained well enough now. Well, just ask if you find an MRU in the registry which you're not sure if FARR MRU can handle it.

It would also be cool if someone could confirm that Adobe Acrobat Reader files are working, as I don't have it installed myself (although I somewhat tested it in a virtual machine).

I also did not hear back from Lashiec yet. Anyone else experiencing the problem he describes (i.e. typing mrua gives an empty results list)?

Lashiec:
Oh, sorry you have to do all the work to prepare a debug-capable version, but due to problems beyond my control I had to rebuilt the entire system, and thus reinstall everything, and surprisingly enough, the plugin works perfectly now. It may be, but maybe I had something wrong in my FARR installation (or in the computer). Anyway, if something happens again, I'll let you know :)

mouser:
Very cool and the icons look great.

justice:
Great work, very useful plugin. I hope it's possible to keep a balance between poweruse and the easyness / amount of characters entered because you don't want to end up using a 50 character combo of keywords (i guess this goes for Farr in general) but I think i'll find a good use for this.

Got one to share to add in:

--- ---+dwcs3|Dreamweaver CS3
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Recent File List

Does the plugin check if the registry key exists periodically? It could then hide items of programs that are not installed, in case you don't use DwCs3 then you have no need for my code.

phitsc:
Great work, very useful plugin. I hope it's possible to keep a balance between poweruse and the easyness / amount of characters entered because you don't want to end up using a 50 character combo of keywords (i guess this goes for Farr in general) but I think i'll find a good use for this.
--- End quote ---
I would expect the typical use to be: enter either of mrum or mrup or mruu (if configured) together with a substring search (or even without, if you just want a list of the files you used recently). For mrup maybe add one of the application filters. I don't think I'd typically type mrup and then enter many of the application filters even though it's possible. Or then at least make it a 'dosearch' alias. But I understand what you mean.

Got one to share to add in:
+dwcs3|Dreamweaver CS3
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Recent File List
--- End quote ---
Thanks, I'll add that one to the FarrMostRecentlyUsed.config file.

Does the plugin check if the registry key exists periodically? It could then hide items of programs that are not installed, in case you don't use DwCs3 then you have no need for my code.
--- End quote ---
If you mean hide in the Options dialog's user defined result list. Yes, that would maybe be a good idea. For the actual search it doesn't matter, e.g. typing mrup +dwcs3 without Dreamweaver CS3 installed will just give you an empty result list.

Thanks for your feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version