ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (8/18) > >>

TucknDar:
when providing upgrades, would it be possible to not overwrite custom config-file? Not that I had put a lot of stuff in there yet, but a bit annoying losing custom entries. I suggest two separate config files, one default, which shouldn't be touched and is updated along with the plugin and one custom for user specific stuff .

phitsc:
when providing upgrades, would it be possible to not overwrite custom config-file? Not that I had put a lot of stuff in there yet, but a bit annoying losing custom entries. I suggest two separate config files, one default, which shouldn't be touched and is updated along with the plugin and one custom for user specific stuff .
-TucknDar (July 03, 2008, 12:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that is a good idea.

phitsc:
0.3.0 is now available. It hasn't gone through much testing yet, I hope you guys can help me out with this ;). 0.3.0 has gone through considerable rework though, and I hope it is much more usable now. At least it's a good basis to implement more applications (i.e. some which don't store their MRU in the registry).

Sorting and filtering is much more sophisticated now and items are now cached once one of the aliases has been detected so that resorting and filtering for application groups, file extensions and filename substrings should be much faster. See first post for a complete list of changes in this release.

Note that I added a separate config file for user specific stuff (as suggested by TucknDar), so if you have added anything else since the last release, make sure to backup the FarrMostRecentlyUsed.config file first and copy it into the FarrMostRecentlyUsed.user file after upgrade.
Also note that I almost completely changed the options, so please either delete your FarrMostRecentlyUsed.ini file before updating or make sure to visit the options dialog after the update.

A request to the graphics-design-gifted amongst the FARR users: the FARR MRU plugin now shows a simple menu when you just type 'mru'. It basically looks like this:

- mrum : Shows files in your 'My Recent Documents'
- mrup : Shows files of configured programs
- mrua : Show a combined list of files out of mrum and mrup
- mruu : Show files from selected groups only (the u standing for user)

It would be really cool to have some nice (similar) icons to put before these entries and another one for the plugin itself. If anyone of you likes creating icons or knows some free ones you think would fit please let me know.

mouser:
so so so good.  :-*

mouser:
if you are collecting feature requests, one nice one might be to specify at the end of the config file a list of patterns (regex?) which if they match an item mean the item should not be displayed.  in this way we could configure it to ignore certain files or folders.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version