ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (7/18) > >>

phitsc:
The idea being that they would be merged into the 'My Recent Documents' result list? Yes, that would be an idea.
--- End quote ---

right, which would also let people who always wanted their office files shown in main mru list do that, and add any such entries to the main mru list.

I was also thinking about a modifier that would list all of the configured applications mru files. I think that would serve the FARR filtering idea better.
--- End quote ---
that would also be a good idea; you can do that by deteced when user types mrua
and return a result list like
mru office | restartsearch mru +office
mru foxit pdf reader| restartsearch mru +foxit
that essentially lets you make a menu of choices for the user that farr will present
-mouser (July 01, 2008, 02:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
To follow up on mouser's idea. What do you guys think about the following (the aliases being examples)?

mrum - list only 'My Recent Documents' (what mru with no program modifiers does now)
mrup - list MRU items of all configured programs (what mru with all program modifers added would do now)
mrua - list everything (mrum and mrup combined)
mru - list a combination of mrum and user selected modifiers (definable in the options dialog)

mouser:
i like it  :up:

the only thing that might be worth considering would be making mruc do what you say mru would do, and leaving mru for a simple alias "menu" that would essentially show:
mrum - list only 'My Recent Documents' (what mru with no program modifiers does now)
mrup - list MRU items of all configured programs (what mru with all program modifers added would do now)
mrua - list everything (mrum and mrup combined)
mruc - list a combination of mrum and user selected modifiers (definable in the options dialog)

mouser:
another idea:
if user types clear at end of search, it could clear the contents of the specified mru list.

e.g.:
mru clear
mru +office clear

just an idea -- not saying it's worth implementing.

phitsc:
another idea:
if user types clear at end of search, it could clear the contents of the specified mru list.

e.g.:
mru clear
mru +office clear

just an idea -- not saying it's worth implementing.
-mouser (July 02, 2008, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I was thinking about this as well, although I think 'mru +clear!' would make it a bit safer (and allow searching for files containing clear).

phitsc:
0.2.0 is available. Only a small step, but I hope in the right direction. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get rid of the simple directory check for UNC paths. While I found a way to improve this for My Recent Documents, that improvement made MRUs for programs worse. So I just left it how it was for now, waiting for a better idea of how this could be improved.

I've mainly added file existence checking for local files. UNC paths are currently never checked, it just takes too long. I just noticed that Vista doesn't even seem to check local files for existence for the Recent Items list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version