ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Most Recently Used 1.0.0

<< < (6/18) > >>

nitrix-ud:
nitrix: doesn't look like there's any path to a file.. If there was one in any of those folders, it might be possible to get them..
--- End quote ---
there are paths... but not in the same way as other applications
and it is the same for all adobe softwares...

paths are stored inside "folders" in the registry
so i guess FARR MostRecentlyUsed plugin does not see them, since it may only check for "direct" keys

I have Photoshop Elements. I'll check it out.
--- End quote ---
great, hope future releases of this plugin will work with adobe software ;)

TucknDar:
btw many of the file extensions in the ComdDlg32\OpenSaveMRU key are very useful to me
--- End quote ---
These would actually already work in 0.1.0, provided your running Windows XP
-phitsc (July 01, 2008, 02:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I wasn't being clear what I meant, I just wanted to point out that these works fine :)

As for Office2003, here are some entries:

--- ---HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\PowerPoint\Recent File List
I couldn't find an entry for Word for some reason, but the one for doc is ok.

Btw I use the SoftMaker Office suite, which stores all settings, including recent files in .ini files like this:

--- ---[tmw History]
HistoryFile0=15,D:\firstfile.doc
HistoryFile1=15,D:\afile.doc
HistoryFile2=15,D:\thefile.doc
HistoryFile3=15,D:\someotherfile.doc
I realize that's quite a difference from the way recent files are read now, but would it be possible for FARRMRU to read settings from ini files as well? I've got a couple of other apps (portable) that also stores recent file list in ini format. The user would still have to provide the format that FARRMRU should read, of course. Maybe too much to ask for, but it would certainly be useful (to me, at least :-[ ).

phitsc:
I think I found a way to improve directory checking for UNC paths, probably making the simplified directory checking obsolete. Unfortunately (well, depending on how you look at it), this also made me find out that file existence checking only works by coincidence now. Actually, there's no file existence checking built in to FARR MRU yet, but currently checking if a file is directory will remove the file from the mru list if it doesn't exist (or is not currently available, because it's on a removable drive or unconnected network drive, etc.). So the simplified directory checking option will probably go away in favour of a 'check file existence for UNC paths' if performance demands it (local files will always be checked for existence). I'll fix that this evening after work and make a new release.

phitsc:
Btw I use the SoftMaker Office suite, which stores all settings, including recent files in .ini files like this:

--- ---[tmw History]
HistoryFile0=15,D:\firstfile.doc
HistoryFile1=15,D:\afile.doc
HistoryFile2=15,D:\thefile.doc
HistoryFile3=15,D:\someotherfile.doc
I realize that's quite a difference from the way recent files are read now, but would it be possible for FARRMRU to read settings from ini files as well? I've got a couple of other apps (portable) that also stores recent file list in ini format. The user would still have to provide the format that FARRMRU should read, of course. Maybe too much to ask for, but it would certainly be useful (to me, at least :-[ ).
-TucknDar (July 02, 2008, 02:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'll consider adding this. I could well imagine that their are quite a number of applications storing their MRU files in a ini file instead of in the registry.

phitsc:
nitrix: doesn't look like there's any path to a file.. If there was one in any of those folders, it might be possible to get them..
--- End quote ---
there are paths... but not in the same way as other applications
and it is the same for all adobe softwares...

paths are stored inside "folders" in the registry
so i guess FARR MostRecentlyUsed plugin does not see them, since it may only check for "direct" keys

I have Photoshop Elements. I'll check it out.
--- End quote ---
great, hope future releases of this plugin will work with adobe software ;)
-nitrix-ud (July 02, 2008, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Photoshop Elements stores its MRU files in the registry, I found out. Will be added for the next release. Unfortunately, that doesn't solve the problem for other Adobe products.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version