ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DcUpdater

Dcupdater problems - v1.23.01?

<< < (2/4) > >>

mouser:
I think the cases where it would be handy is for apps that don't properly install themselves. Some people still distribute apps that don't have an installer... but then I guess they wouldn't be trying to use dcUpdater. BTW, I have put a menu option in my apps that launches the app's .dcupdate file, so the user can start dcUpdate on the specific app file alone.
--- End quote ---

absolutely people could use dcupdater for programs that dont have an installer, that's a fair point actually.  but typically such programs will have a menu item or something that says to check for updates, and invoke the dcuhelper.exe to launch the .dcupdate file to check for updates.  And the dcuhelper.exe has an option that tells it to register the .dcupdate file in the default check list. See: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=9607.0

however you might have a point about making it something that could be done manually from the updater tool.

owenduffy:
Mouser,

If/when you get to do some revisions to dcUpdater:

Version dates do not display sometimes in the main dcUpdater window... seems sensitive to date and I think probably an internationalisation issue (I use dd/mm/yyyy format).

-owenduffy (June 30, 2008, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser, it seems this continues to be an unresolved issue a couple of years later.

Owen

mouser:
i remember it but could you show me a screenshot of how it looks for you?

owenduffy:
i remember it but could you show me a screenshot of how it looks for you?
-mouser (October 10, 2010, 06:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

My recollection is that the problem is deeper than just display, that date processing needs to be reviewed to see that where appropriate, localisation is performed.

Owen

mouser:
i dont see any problem in that screenshot.. it may have been only certain plugins or other programs that displayed unusually? anyone have a screenshot of where it's wrong? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version