ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[bug] very unfriendly handling of missing drive

<< < (4/4)

jdmarch:
This problem reappeared today, in a slightly different guise. I did something quite unusual, namely put a music CD into my computer's CD drive, which it recognized as the D: drive. I then ripped it and removed it. The next time I used FARR (i.e. very soon :) ), FARR complained and would not proceed, just as described in my OP.

I found that there was an obsolete shortcut file in a folder on FARR's search path; the shortcut pointed to drive D:. When I deleted it, the problem disappeared. But this seems worth reporting for two reasons:

1. It seems that as long as drive D: did not exist, FARR was perfectly capable of ignoring that shortcut. Apparently FARR recognized when drive D: came into existence, but not when it went out of existence. Could this be improved?

2. It was very helpful (essential!) to use the diagnostic option "show search subdir details on status bar". It would also be helpful to have a sub-option "show search file details on status bar" to speed up the final diagnostics step.

Thanks!
A happy and peaceful new year to all.

mouser:
This bug should be fixed as of v2.96.01.

jdmarch:
That's some serious long-term follow-up, mouser. Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version