ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug] Farr no longer auto completes custom alias after "tab" (v2.12.03)

<< < (10/11) > >>

jgpaiva:
Thanks for the help jgpaiva  :up:.

(Still hoping that mouser can make an automatic space after the auto-complete though!  :))
-CatamountJack (July 01, 2008, 08:14 PM)
--- End quote ---
You're welcome!
I also agree with adding a space.
Actually, i think this autocomplete needs a global rethinking, because it doesn't really cope well with regular expressions :S

mouser:
Actually, i think this autocomplete needs a global rethinking, because it doesn't really cope well with regular expressions :S
--- End quote ---

exactly right.

i'm going to have it always put a space, but we need to revisit this autocompletion thing soon since there is no perfect simple solution in all cases.  let me finish some other stuff and we can come back to this issue of autocompletion and multi-step wizards.

nitrix-ud:
but we need to revisit this autocompletion thing soon since there is no perfect simple solution in all cases.
--- End quote ---

@mouser,

probably i don't see all the potential issues, but i think you should not overdo it...
a small autocomplete box in the edit alias dialog where you let the user specify what FARR should autocompletes seems simple and a perfect solution for everyone

i, for one, won't mind taking 2 seconds to specify what FARR should autocompletes, plus it makes the autocompletion thingy more transparent...

s.newave:
Also it no longer automatically launches the alias if there is only one result.
--- End quote ---

are you sure? if you hit enter it should launch.
-mouser (June 30, 2008, 01:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Still having trouble with this.

For example if i create an alias with the name "test" and "https://www.donationcoder.com/" as the result if i type "te" and hit enter it was my understanding that FARR would automatically launch the result because there is only one result for the alias. Instead it completes the alias to "test" and hitting enter then will launch the site. Same thing happens with any of the nircmd aliases.

CatamountJack:
Yup, same here.

Heh, I thought it seemed like I was having to hit enter a lot more to make my computer standby (I'm using the nircmd aliases too)...  but I hadn't realized why.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version