ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Bug] Farr no longer auto completes custom alias after "tab" (v2.12.03)

<< < (8/11) > >>

kartal:
v2.13.06 is broken.

-Auto completing works
-Adding extra space after completion is gone
-Launching from alias command list via f keys is gone.

It feels like it is reverted to couple version back

s.newave:
It fixes the problem i had above however as kartal mentioned it does not add a space after completing the alias. Also it no longer automatically launches the alias if there is only one result.

mouser:
Also it no longer automatically launches the alias if there is only one result.
--- End quote ---

are you sure? if you hit enter it should launch.

s.newave:
Doh! It was actually one of my aliases that was using reststartsearch instead of dosearch  :-[

CatamountJack:
Huh...  this one's got me baffled.  Just installed 2.13.06 from the link above.  I have two similar custom aliases (both of which are set to score 1000) and both of them are broken in a different way.

Group Alias Name:  disable
RegEx Pattern:  ^disable (.*)?
Results:  disable $$1 | c:\shortcuts\disable.bat $$1

When I type di and hit tab, FARR shows disable, but does not put a space after the auto-completed entry.  The results window shows 1 - disable $$1      Alias disable.  If I manually add a space, an argument, and press Enter, then it does work.

Group Alias Name:  enable
RegEx Pattern:  ^enable (.*)?
Results:  enable $$1 | c:\shortcuts\enable.bat $$1

When I type en and hit tab, FARR shows C:\Shortcuts\enable.bat  (including the space after the auto-completed entry).  When I type my argument and press Enter, nothing happens.  The results window shows only 1 - enable      C:\Shortcuts\.

Ideally, when I enter di or en and press tab, the entry should auto-complete (and show just the alias name, not the path to the program it's supposed to launch), and automatically add a space to the end of the entry.  At least, that's my preference.

Hope that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version