ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Nero - WHY?

<< < (4/6) > >>

lanux128:
those concerned with the size of a typical Nero installation should check out Nero Lite, which has been mentioned several times here in the forums. however, i haven't tried it out due to the fact that i'm no longer using Nero.

4wd:
I haven't been able to find a decent burner since my Plextor PX-716A crapped out. First I went with some Pioneer drive, which wasn't especially fantastic. Then I bought a Lite-On LH-20A1S, which is better.-f0dder (June 24, 2008, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, after the experience with the Pioneer, (which does do great burns but is so damn slow at deciding it really IS a blank disc and blocking all PC operation while doing so), I'll be going back to Optiarc since third-party firmware support is so much better.

Tayo-Yuden, ho humm. First problem is finding the discs, second problem is finding discs that aren't fake - apparently there's a big market for faking TY discs because of their popularity.
-f0dder (June 24, 2008, 07:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, unfortunately that is a big problem.

The ID of mine is TY03 and they burn reliably and consistently at 18x, (the maximum speed of the burner). 

They also read back with a consistent increase in read speed until the end of the disc, something that normally doesn't happen with a cheap disc written at high speed.

So I'll go out on a limb and say I'm pretty sure I got the genuine article :)

Of course, I'll really be certain 12 months from now if I can still read them :D

wreckedcarzz:
I have had the preinstalled Nero come on several computers, and IMO it just sucks. Not only does it take ages to open, but once it is open, you are thrown into this world of pointless extra crap that you will never use, and all you want to do is burn some data. And assuming you get a usable disk out of it, it might not work in another PC.

ImgBurn is perfect for me - it makes sense, is quick, and the options are there if I want them. It does its job and it does it well (I have never had a bad CD/DVD from ImgBurn). I use CDBurnerXP for other things, as it is user-stupid and I am usually in a hurry when I want something on a disk. :)

TSEG72351:
OMG..Nero..I don't want to reiterate the stuff thats already been said so here is the short of it. I feel in love with Nero about 4 years ago and now can't even bear to see their name in print.I spent about a month with the last upgrade (8) AND several e-mails back and forth and experienced just about every problem that has been mentioned here.After I recovered from the shock of the size of the updates,SOME help files,not all*sigh* I should have just stopped right there, but didn't.Being the hard head I am and having enjoyed years of use of Nero I just did NOT want to give up.At this point in time,every single reg.entry for Nero,any and all places where the word Nero comes up on any of my drives have been totally erased from my PC's.
BTW I have donated,admittedly not a lot but some,so how come I have 0 donation credits.Hummm..Or am I not understanding that correctly? Have a great weekend all.

mouser:
I have donated,admittedly not a lot but some,so how come I have 0 donation credits.Hummm..Or am I not understanding that correctly?
--- End quote ---

when you donated you should have gotten right away an email with both a non-expiring license key and a forum upgrade code/link that you need to visit to upgrade your forum account and put the credits into your account.  email me if you can't find the email after looking in all the usual places (junk mail folders,etc.) ([email protected])

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version