ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Farr is not very responsive when it is searching

<< < (2/3) > >>

macs:
I'm not too worried about indexing. What I'd like is a little more control over the search directories, so it was clear which order they were searched in and the order could easily be changed.  This would mean that the folders with the things I use most (eg. the start menu) would be searched first and show in the results quickly, other folders  (eg. my music collection) would take longer.

If FARR is then more responsive during searching I could then easily select things from the most important folders (eg. start menu) without waiting whilst it gets stuck on some of the other folders.

TucknDar:
isn't the order just top to bottom in the list of which directories to search? Is there more to it than that? (Except tweaking search depth and scores)

mouser:
isn't the order just top to bottom in the list of which directories to search?
--- End quote ---

Yes.

And this is important.  It means you should always put the small most likely directories at top, such as the Start Menu.

macs:
isn't the order just top to bottom in the list of which directories to search? Is there more to it than that? (Except tweaking search depth and scores)
-TucknDar (June 24, 2008, 01:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guessed that was the order but it isn't clear. FARR does have the ability to add something in the middle of list of directories but it doesn't have the common "move up" "move down" buttons to change the order, so you have to delete an item and add it back in.  It is probably a case that the ordering works but a few tweaks to the user interface would make it clearer and easier to use.

herojoker:
You can simply drag and drop the items in the list to change the order.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version