ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Virtual Webdrive for everywhere

(1/3) > >>

murratore:
hello @all

I'm searching for the perfect solution for sharing my files....

Scenario: I work at multiple computers (home, business, mobile -> tabletpc, smartphone) and want to have access everywhere to the same data. The data itself are various -> documents, big database, roboform data etc.). At the moment I'm carrying a usb harddisk with me for this...but now I want to change to a "virtual" drive. My wishes

- Secure Online Storage (like Amazon S3)
- Synchronization automatically
- Local Caching for the data in case when I'm offline and for performance reasons (multiple files copying)
- Accessible via Drive Letter in Windows Explorer
- Online Storage accessible via Web (e.g. from Internet Cafe where no Software installation is possible)
- Partial File Updating (-> on big files only the "difference" is submitted)
- Cooperation with company firewall

I had a look at Jungle Disk (no local Caching), Webdrive (expensive, no web access, problems with connecting behind the company firewall), TeamDrive (expensive), Foldershare (no local File).

Has somebody else already set up such a solution which I want?

Thanks + Greetings
Michael

justice:
Can't help you specifically, but JungleDisk does local caching, and you can specificy the size of this, 1GB by default. But it doesn't do automatic syncing but you can use synctoy for that or any other sync program.

murratore:
...but JungleDisk does local caching
-justice (June 23, 2008, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately the local cache is not available when no connection to the internet is available....

kartal:
You can try powerfolder. I like the software but I think that their pricing is little too high for me (30$ per computer licence). As far as drive lettering goes, it does not provide a letter. But you can use virtual drive mapping programs to create a drive letter for syncing folders. Their software is java based so it works on all the platforms.

Maybe they can offer some discounts for DC users?

http://www.powerfolder.com/

sri:
https://www.getdropbox.com/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version