ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Webcam Signature 1.0 - My Submission for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (7/9) > >>

jgpaiva:
VideoInPicture: I think nite_monkey is referring to the object he used for tracking (since he mentioned the green :) )

VideoInPicture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUPaEnsKJYM

http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com/download-webcam-signature

I've coded the Webcam Mouse Mode into Webcam Signature 1.3. You can now use your webcam to move your mouse around. Check out the video!

Also added is a larger drawing area for the signature and hopefully I fixed the unhandled exception the mouser got.

mouser:
very cool movie :)
by the way the crashing is gone, the auto grab screen and and color works.  :up:

it's hard for me to control it well -- i think my background is a bit noisy and webcam not so good, so it's a little hard.

it's fun to try to think of other uses of this tool..
i can imagine using it to track a bug's movement over time, like a ladybug or something, put your webcam on it and switch into paint mode :)

VideoInPicture:
very cool movie :)
by the way the crashing is gone, the auto grab screen and and color works.  :up:

it's hard for me to control it well -- i think my background is a bit noisy and webcam not so good, so it's a little hard.

it's fun to try to think of other uses of this tool..
i can imagine using it to track a bug's movement over time, like a ladybug or something, put your webcam on it and switch into paint mode :)

-mouser (June 26, 2008, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's good. I think the program was improperly disposing of the grabbed frame.

Try using a flashlight/led/infrared led instead of a pen if you are having trouble getting it to track and set it so that the tracking color is white to bright white.

BTW, version 1.3 also fixed the finicky edge drawing problem.  :P

Now, I just want to make the program use 10% or less of my CPU time when running instead of 30-40%.

nite_monkey:
For a while, I couldn't get it to work, but then I used one of those green usb to ps/2 converters that comes with usb mice, and it works 100%!
-nite_monkey (June 25, 2008, 04:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

For your webcam? In the program, I'm using a DirectX wrapper to connect to the webcam. Maybe your webcam has an issue with DirectX?
-VideoInPicture (June 25, 2008, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol, no, I got the program working perfectly, I couldn't get it to track a pen though, but I could get it to track the usb to ps/2 converter perfectly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version