ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Webcam Signature 1.0 - My Submission for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (2/9) > >>

Veign:
This could turn into a great application for someone with a disability where they have limited use of their hands but want to navigate around the internet.  Kinda of like Mouse Gestures (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/39) but using the web cam instead.

mouser:
I think a good feature would be let person press a button to take a snapshot of the webcam image, and then select a point or two in the image that defines the color to track.  would be easier and more accurate than trying to guess your pen color.

VideoInPicture:
I think a good feature would be let person press a button to take a snapshot of the webcam image, and then select a point or two in the image that defines the color to track.  would be easier and more accurate than trying to guess your pen color.
-mouser (June 22, 2008, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

I thought of that but my goal for the 1.0 release was just to make sure it works properly. It took a good deal of tweaking to ensure the program actually ran in real time because it is so computationally intensive. I will add that in for the 2.0 release.

As a note, the two colored squares in the lower left of the window represents the brightest and darkest red/blue/green color the program will track.

mouser:
one thing im noticing is that the far right and left of webcam image dont map to far right and left of drawing surface -- it might be nice if that were the case.

VideoInPicture:
This could turn into a great application for someone with a disability where they have limited use of their hands but want to navigate around the internet.  Kinda of like Mouse Gestures (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/39) but using the web cam instead.
-Veign (June 22, 2008, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

With the Webcam Mouse program I was creating, I was stuck on was how to do all the clicks and scroll that a mouse could do with just your hands and not a whole bunch of cryptic coding. Mouse gestures may work for it but wouldn't there be a lot of false clicks and scrolls and I'm just moving my mouse around?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version