ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Webcam Signature 1.0 - My Submission for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (8/9) > >>

VideoInPicture:
lol, no, I got the program working perfectly, I couldn't get it to track a pen though, but I could get it to track the usb to ps/2 converter perfectly

--- End quote ---

I'm working on a new version of Webcam Signature that uses a notably different algorithm for tracking. From my testing so far, it is able to track a color object significantly better than version 1.3 especially when the lighting changes or there is glare off the object. Right now in version 1.3, you may have to recalibrate the tracking color if you turn the light on in a dark room or the sun shines through the window and onto your pen, but that does not appear to be as frequently necessary with the new version.

However, one issue remains to be solved. I have to speed the algorithm up. One of the primary issues is that accessing bitmap pixels is a slow process even with using Unsafe bitmaps in C#. However, I may have some code that can solve this issue.

VideoInPicture:
For mouser, veign, and those interested, the source code for Webcam Signature 1.3 is now up on my website at http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com/webcam-signature-source-code. It is open source under a GNU v3 license.

psionics:
The best one I've seen! Thank you so much  ;) 

TaylorV:
Although I have all the required programs, and service packs, I get the "Webcam Signature has stopped working" error. I'm running Vista, 64 bit, 2.7 Ghz, 3 gigs of ram.. I really can't figure out what the problem is :(

VideoInPicture:
Although I have all the required programs, and service packs, I get the "Webcam Signature has stopped working" error. I'm running Vista, 64 bit, 2.7 Ghz, 3 gigs of ram.. I really can't figure out what the problem is :(
-TaylorV (September 02, 2008, 02:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure it was tested on a Vista 64-bit system before. How many megapixels does your webcam have?

I'm current spending the vast majority of my time getting Circle Dock to a 1.0 release so I might not be able to figure out where your problem is. However, you could always download Microsoft Visual C# Express and run the source code from the Web Cam Signature website. This is the surefire way to see where it in the code it is breaking down. If you can provide a screenshot of when Visual C# Express gives the error, I can provide a better fix/solution. The source code for Webcam Signature is pretty well commented so you should be able to make sense of it if you have a little bit of programming knowledge.

Eric Wong

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version