ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Webcam Signature 1.0 - My Submission for the DC Programming Contest

<< < (3/9) > >>

Veign:
Mouse gestures may work for it but wouldn't there be a lot of false clicks and scrolls and I'm just moving my mouse around?
-VideoInPicture (June 22, 2008, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the difficulty to figure out  :)   You could do something very similar to what you are doing now where a key press is required to activate.

mouser:
I think one important thing to note is that now that you've got this basic program skeleton which watches webcam and creates images based on tracking info etc., there are probably a lot of really interesting other programs you could write based on this code.. my mind is swimming with possibilities..  things that dont require perhaps such accurate fine detail tracking.

mouser:
With the Webcam Mouse program I was creating, I was stuck on was how to do all the clicks and scroll that a mouse could do with just your hands and not a whole bunch of cryptic coding. Mouse gestures may work for it but wouldn't there be a lot of false clicks and scrolls and I'm just moving my mouse around?
--- End quote ---

you could always use audio input so user could use voice commands :)

nudone:
pretty amazing i'd say when you think of where it might lead.

i'd say, refine it a bit, think of the 'killer application' and then patent that.

VideoInPicture:
one thing im noticing is that the far right and left of webcam image dont map to far right and left of drawing surface -- it might be nice if that were the case.
-mouser (June 22, 2008, 05:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

On my computer with the settings I'm using, I can get the signature to write to all the edges but it is a bit finicky. This is due to a combination of the tweaks used to speed the program up (the program doesn't actually look at every pixel because that takes too much CPU time) and how the program determines exactly what point to put the program drawing square at (average of all the valid colored pixels). This will take some tweaking to make it work well around the edges or I could just shrink the visible drawing surface.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version