ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Any "Create shortcuts, and move them" thingy?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
NirExt Shortcut+ maybe?
-PhilB66 (June 23, 2008, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

No QuickLaunch available tho'  :huh:

I've just asked Nir if it's a possability to have user defined locations as well  ;)

PhilB66:
Curt's post was a bit confusing... but now I think I got it right... maybe?

Adding the "Add to Quick Launch" context menu option in Windows XP

Curt:
Thanks to all of you, and one extra thank you to Perry for writing Nirsofer! I have tried, though, to write him some time ago about something different, but I cannot remember getting an answer. I hope you have better luck.

The 'Add to Quick Launch' is incorporated in Send To Toys, so I won't 'add' that one. And what's more, the situation was if I wanted to add a lot of shortcuts - and having a lot of shortcuts placed at the same time in Quick Launch toolbar even for a couple of minutes will simply look terrifying! They MUST be transported further / deeper inside True Launch at once! (True Launch > Audio+Video, or True Launch > Foto) - like this:

- so I am not too sure it would help to use NirSoft's version either, the present or the maybe upcoming, because he is so far only using fixed locations. But maybe if the user could add dozens of fixed locations?

Nod5:
Curt, ok now I get it.
There's an autohotkey command for creating shortcuts:
FileCreateShortcut, Target, LinkFile [, WorkingDir, Args, Description, IconFile, ShortcutKey, IconNumber, RunState]
--- End quote ---
So it would be easy to make an explorer context menu entry that passes the right clicked file's path to the script which then creates a shortcut in some set folder. I get the impression that you want to vary what target folder to put the shortcuts in. That complicates things but only slightly. It would for example be possible to let the context menu entry + script to always copy the shortcuts to some temp folder. Later, when navigating to some target folder in explorer, some hotkey could copy all temp shortcuts to that folder.

lanux128:
you can try a slightly different approach with SnapFolders. this program creates shortcuts to a folder in the 'Start Menu'. when you are done creating links, you can drag and drop that folder into the TLB folder. btw, i haven't tried this program yet. :)

The shortcuts you create with SnapFolders are automatically placed on the Start Menu or a side menu to the Start Menu. Like any shortcuts they can be copied or moved anywhere you want. Like any shortcuts they can be renamed or deleted as you wish.
--- End quote ---

• http://www.proffs.nu/snap.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version