ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

FARR plugin: FARR Multi Monitor (and center and resize) 1.1.0

<< < (3/7) > >>

phitsc:
Don't worry mouser. The plugin is useful enough for myself which is why I made it in the first place. Anyway, for anyone else using it: you are welcome :D

I'll look into creating a .dcupdate file. I guess that means I'll have to install the dc updater ;)

I have the OpenWith plugin working by the way, in a way that it solves my own problem (i.e. open xml files in a text editor instead of in a web browser). This works, because I don't have spaces in the respective file path (in fact, I have one, between Program and Files, but I handled that with a 'variable'). I think the spaces problem is serious enough to withhold the plugin from the public. I thought about having the user substitute the spaces by something else (e.g. _), but that would be cumbersome and not very intuitive (and _ can be in files paths as well).

I'm also experimenting with the Remember the Milk API, thinking about making a FARR plugin for that.

phitsc:
populate the initial contents BEFORE the initial display.-mouser (June 20, 2008, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
Please don't do that. On my system it takes about 1.5-2 seconds for that list to pop up. I would hate to have to wait for that extra every time I open FARR, especially when the item I need isn't going to be on the list.
-CWuestefeld (June 20, 2008, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

No need to do that now, mouser. I found a way around the problem. Centering now works as follows:
- When the FARR window appears for the first time, it is being centered
- When the FARR window changes its size for the first time (with the default items added), it is being centered once again
- And then it is centered no more (unless the option to always center it is enabled)

phitsc:
I've also added a .dcupdate file now by the way.

mouser:
cooool  :Thmbsup:
i'll add it to the list of installable plugins with an initial farr install.

phitsc:
I've added some hotkeys to the FARR MultiMonitor plugin. Note that they are currently hard-coded, so if you need these key combinations for something else, you'll have to disable them for the FARR MultiMonitor plugin (in the options dialog).

Hotkeys: move FARR window to next/last monitor or center it with hotkeys
  Win + Left : move FARR window to monitor on the left
  Win + Right : move FARR window to monitor on the right
  Win + Home : center FARR window

The centering is especially useful for FARR MultiMonitor users which are using two monitors with different resolutions (that would be me ;)). When directory browsing (or when using the 'not yet released' OpenWith plugin) it will usually resize to full height at first. Since FARR only knows about one monitor, and all this happening on the one with the smaller screen resolution, FARRs top will go off the screen, then, narrowing the search, it will shrink, with the top still off the screen.... hit Win + Home, and everything is back to normal :)

The hotkeys can be used by themselves, too. I.e. you could disable automatic centering when FARR appears and/or moving the FARR window to the active monitor, and just use the hotkeys to center the FARR window and move it around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version