ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (33/42) > >>

superboyac:
Finally tried PowerMarks and have to admit that first impression is very good. I've tried a few bookmark managers before, but as you've already said there's something so simple yet powerful about PowerMarks. It just works... By far the best initial impression I've had from any of the bookmark managers I've tried.
And since I'm using Opera and google chrome, PowerMarks works just fine
-shobazi (January 11, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, it's true.  Powermarks is one of the best little programs I've ever come across.  I'm using Linkman right now, but there are two small features that are still lacking:
--being able to place the toolbar buttons on the upper toolbar of Firefox.  You use to do this with Powermarks.  I stuck the buttons right next to the address bar.  This was perfect for me because whenever I didn't want to type in an address, I'd go right next to it and click the button.  With Linkman, I have to go all the way to the bottom left window edge to get the buttons.  If I could suggest something to Linkman, it's the ability to place the buttons anywhere in the firefox windows according to the user.

--Opening the bookmark in the existing tab of Firefox.  This was good because I could repeatedly use Powermarks without opening a new tab everytime I used it, and cluttering up my bar.  Powermarks had an option to open in the same tab or a new tab.  I really wish Linkman would add this also.  The developer said this was technically impossible (he explained some technical things I don't really get), but I know for a fact that it is possible because the google toolbar can do it, Roboform can do it, and I've seen other toolbars able to do it.

These seem like little things, but because of these two items, I use Linkman less than half as much as I used Powermarks.  It's an example of "the devil's in the details" because in most ways, Linkman does everything PM could do plus more.

SKA:
And since I'm using Opera and google chrome, PowerMarks works just fine
-shobazi (January 11, 2010, 06:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

How did you get PM to work with Chrome ?

Thanks
SKA

Outertech Support:
Yes, it's true.  Powermarks is one of the best little programs I've ever come across.  I'm using Linkman right now, but there are two small features that are still lacking:
--being able to place the toolbar buttons on the upper toolbar of Firefox.-superboyac (January 11, 2010, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

This will be possible in the next version (currently in Beta Test).

--Opening the bookmark in the existing tab of Firefox.  This was good because I could repeatedly use Powermarks without opening a new tab everytime I used it, and cluttering up my bar.  Powermarks had an option to open in the same tab or a new tab.  I really wish Linkman would add this also.
--- End quote ---

Linkman had this option too, with Firefox 1.5. Just test Powermarks with a new Firefox version and you will see it opens always a new tab.

mwfuss:
Yes, it's true.  Powermarks is one of the best little programs I've ever come across.  I'm using Linkman right now, but there are two small features that are still lacking:
--being able to place the toolbar buttons on the upper toolbar of Firefox.-superboyac (January 11, 2010, 11:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

This will be possible in the next version (currently in Beta Test).-Outertech Support (January 15, 2010, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is it possible to get in on the beta testing of the next version of Linkman?

Outertech Support:
Is it possible to get in on the beta testing of the next version of Linkman?-mwfuss (January 15, 2010, 06:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you are registered Linkman Pro user you can appy at support(at)outertech.com, but we have a limited pool of beta tester spots and take only people that help improve Linkman.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version