ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (27/42) > >>

rjbull:
I'd be delighted if I could simply right-click to tell Linkman which browser to use to open a stored link.  That seems to me considerably less cumbersome than having to go into Settings-->Launch URLs each time I want to use a browser other than the one I've specified as "open with."
-cyberdiva (April 01, 2009, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

LinkStash has a series of hotkeys to open in current/new window with a series of browsers - so I could open the same page in IE, Firefox and Opera at the same time by hitting different hotkeys.

cyberdiva:
LinkStash has a series of hotkeys to open in current/new window with a series of browsers - so I could open the same page in IE, Firefox and Opera at the same time by hitting different hotkeys.
-rjbull (April 01, 2009, 10:34 AM)
--- End quote ---
Both Firefox and Opera have right-click options to open the viewed page in each other's browsers or in IE, but I think it would nonetheless be faster and more efficient if Linkman had a right-click option like the one SKA describes Powermarks as having.

Outertech Support:
OK. I thought that sounded too good to be true. I would love a bookmark program to know which browser I have open and launch URLs there. Probably could be done but wouldn't be easy, I imagine.

Thanks!

Jim
-J-Mac (April 01, 2009, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's fairly easy to do, it just has not been requested so far.

p.s.

Linkman HAS a function to launch a URL into the non default browser: Right Click Menu -> Launch in New Window with (IE, Firefox etc).

You can also set a specific browser in the URL properties.

SKA:
Cyberdiva

In PM one had to setup which browsers PM would link to,settings saved to
pm.ini file. Then all browsers would appear as choices if rightclick a link in PM's window.

Edit: Linkman already has similar feature (see above msg).

SKA

cyberdiva:
Linkman HAS a function to launch a URL into the non default browser: Right Click Menu -> Launch in New Window with (IE, Firefox etc).
-Outertech Support (April 01, 2009, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's terrific!  Thanks so much for letting me know this.  Even though I've been using Linkman for about a year, I didn't realize this feature existed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version