ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Someone MUST make a new PowerMarks program.

<< < (39/42) > >>

cyberdiva:
Should already be working: (see attachment in previous post)
-superboyac (May 11, 2010, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---
This is only accessible AFTER one has installed the program.  That's not what I'm referring to.  I would like to be asked at installation whether I want the program to start at startup. 

I see from Outertech's message (following yours) that this may be an installer problem that they'll look into.  Thanks VERY much, Outertech!!

superboyac:
This is only accessible AFTER one has installed the program.  That's not what I'm referring to.  I would like to be asked at installation whether I want the program to start at startup. 

I see from Outertech's message (following yours) that this may be an installer problem that they'll look into.  Thanks VERY much, Outertech!!
-cyberdiva (May 11, 2010, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---
My, my!  aren't we picky!  Ha, just kidding...I'm one to talk with my very particular firefox integration requests ;)

J-Mac:
I use Chameleon Startup Manager. It stops all programs from setting themselves up to start with Windows automatically, and asks me if I want it to be in the startup config. Or I can configure it to just deny without asking me also. There are some other apps that similarly control what goes into startup config.

Jim

cyberdiva:
I use Chameleon Startup Manager. It stops all programs from setting themselves up to start with Windows automatically, and asks me if I want it to be in the startup config. Or I can configure it to just deny without asking me also. There are some other apps that similarly control what goes into startup config.
-J-Mac (May 11, 2010, 01:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I use WinPatrol Plus for the same purpose, and it blocks Linkman each time.  But I don't think any program should insert itself into the startup menu without first asking, except perhaps for some programs vital to system functioning. 

Outertech Support:
Next week there will be a 24 hours Linkman Pro deal on Bitsdujour, $14.99 for a 2 computers license.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version