ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

did the latest update (2.10.01) affect file associations?

<< < (3/4) > >>

ptran:
Sorry for omitting more details.

1. I restored the quickdoclauncher.exe from the 2.10.01 installation.
2. I type in "cmd32" and FARR lists it as match #1, cmd32.cmd.
3. I press return and there's a very, very brief hourglass before the normal cursor appears.

The FARR window is gone. No new command window show up. No errors that I can see.

I'll experiment a bit to see if I can confirm whether the batch file ran or not.

ptran:
Here's my experiment. I created a batch file named "xyz.cmd" in the same directory as "cmd32.cmd". The file "xyz.cmd" contains just one line which is: calc.exe

With the 2.10.01 quickdoclauncher.exe, I enter xyz.cmd and the FARR windows closes without the calculator launching.

With the quickdoclauncher.exe from reply #3, I see a command window titled, "E:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe", on my desktop. That command window is showing one command: calc.exe. And the Windows calculator has launched. I close the calculator and it and command window that launched it disappear.

cedardoc:
Hi, sorry - I've been away and now I can't download anything... stupid Vista!

When I can get that file going, I'll let you know what happens

Dave

s.newave:
I can confirm that their is definitely something going on with file launching. None of my ms office file extensions are launching at all as well as any pdf and txt files. lnk, exe extensions still work however.

Also might not be a bad idea to keep links to the last two versions just in case the latest release is a little buggy one can go back a version. Cant work without FARR  :P

jgpaiva:
s.newave: The stable version (which is a few versions back) is linked at farr's web page ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version