ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 Released

<< < (2/21) > >>

icekin:
I never used Firefox 3 before, never took part in the beta or even the RC. So, based on first impression, memory usage has actually been improved and its even below Opera 9.5 on my machine. However, Opera's speed completely beats this. I've tried clearing the cache and everything and tried loading a few different websites at a time. Opera wins by a clear margin. But, I recall that firefox becomes a little quicker with fasterfox and a few about:config tweaks. I'll try the comparisons again tomorrow with the tweaks.

Darwin:
Thanks, João - that worked  :Thmbsup: I compared the installers first and they *appear* to be identical (same size, version number, etc.) but the full release was installed...

icekin:
That's odd. I used the filehippo link and got version 3. Anyhow, from what I've read, there's no changes between RC3 and the final release for Windows machines. The only changes were for Mac OS.

justice:
I heard on another forum that on windows firefox 3RC3  is the final release. Don't have a source though. Ahh icekin :D

nosh:
Guys, a heads-up. I've read about an infected RC3 floating around on the Internets, parading as the real thing. Just be careful about leaked versions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version