ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox 3 Released

<< < (4/21) > >>

Josh:
As I said in the IRC channel, this is what firefox 1.0 should have been. This browser now has a plausible default theme, no need for another one in my opinion, it has the needed functionality to make it act like a browser should out of the box. The tagging functionality and history search via the address bar are genius and work beautifully especially for recently closed tabs. The memory usage is far less than its predecessors. I highly recommend this browser now. Yes, opera might have a small edge in speed compared to this, but its not enough to justify using it given opera's other weaknesses and limitations. Great job mozilla. I am now proud to say I am a firefox user.

jgpaiva:
I'm sorry for the slight thread-hijack, but how can i change (more specifically, add to) the keyboard configuration?

Josh:
What do you mean? Like the key bindings? I.E., changing address field focus from ALT+D to CTRL+ALT+X if you desired? If so, keyconfig has to be updated to fit firefox 3. It currently does not work even if forced

jgpaiva:
Exactly, that's what i'm looking for. Ok, i'll wait, then :(

Edvard:
w00t!1
Downloading now... (finally)

I've been using the firefox beta on Xubuntu 8.04 since it came out and have been very pleased with it. Now to shoehorn it into this box at work... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version