ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Let go of your bookmarks!

<< < (7/9) > >>

Curt:
... That's a good idea.  I often keep a few notes in MemPad, even if nowhere else.-rjbull (June 17, 2008, 05:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The latest 3.31 beta update a week ago made me re-install MemPad
- because Horst has corrected the previous hotkey mistake (both hide AND popup at 'ESC'):

08 July 2008:

* Mouse wheel: focus auto change behaviour improved
    * Auto-save when minimizing to SystemTray (if auto-save is active)

--- End quote ---

Now MemPad can compete with my beloved FlashNote!  :up:

steeladept:
Wow, I am really shocked.  How do you guys (and girls) keep those thousands of bookmarks readily available?  I had trouble when I topped 30, and that was with nested folders for organizing them by topic.  Invariably I would end up with two or three folders dominating and by the time I got them organized I was going 4 or 5 folders deep.  Then I would get lost as to which folder set I put the bookmark in...

Of course now I only keep 7-10 bookmarks.  They are always the tabs that I have open on browser startup.  My theory here goes as follows:  These 7-10 are links that I check daily (more or less) and provide my starting point for everything else.  If I close that tab, and then later want it back I use my bookmark instead of going to the home button (and opening all 7-10 sites again, many of which are already open).  Any other site I go to isn't visited often enough to keep (for me) and with my apparently above average GoogleFu, I seem to almost always find what I am looking for within 3 searches (typically just narrowing the list from the previous ones).

The key to this, of course, is the various Google tricks.  A listing of them can be found at:
http://www.google.com/help/operators.html

m9833:
I also never used my bookmarks, mainly because the bookmark managers made it difficult to use them in the first place. Click here - then click there - then search. Aaaarrrrrrgggggghhhh!!!!

It was only after I found (the now sadly off-the-shelf) PowerMarks that I started using Bookmarks in earnest. This actually did increase my productivity quite a lot. Now, I am back to square one, I save bookmarks, almost never to use them again :-(

justice:
why can't i search bookmarks from the search field nexxt to the address bar? that would make using bookmarks so much better. early morning awesomebar ignorance.

Now I know why i never liked the Awesomebar as much as i did farr, after installing Enter Select 3 pressing enter launches the first result like farr does. Nais!

Lashiec:
Now I know why i never liked the Awesomebar as much as i did farr, after installing Enter Select 3 pressing enter launches the first result like farr does. Nais!
-justice (July 17, 2008, 03:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wonder if there is a extension to mimick FARR, numbering results, and using the NumPad to launch them...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version