ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The LiveCD List

<< < (2/2)

zridling:
Wow, now that's a really cool, really useful list — thanks Phil! The filter is great. This is the one thing I wish new versions of Windows had, but that may never happen because it is proprietary. Besides, if you're using Windows, you're usually "all in" as the saying goes.

wreckedcarzz:
Just noticed: Xubuntu is not featured on the list! Ubuntu and Kubuntu are there, but not Xubuntu.

Ubuntu: GNOME
Kubuntu: KDE
Xubuntu: Xfce

No one seems to notice Xubuntu. Kind of sad, Xfce is nice and lightweight, and good for older PCs - you would think it would be more noticed/popular. *Sigh* :(

-Brandon (Xubuntu user)

steeladept:
Just noticed: Xubuntu is not featured on the list! Ubuntu and Kubuntu are there, but not Xubuntu.

Ubuntu: GNOME
Kubuntu: KDE
Xubuntu: Xfce

No one seems to notice Xubuntu. Kind of sad, Xfce is nice and lightweight, and good for older PCs - you would think it would be more noticed/popular. *Sigh* :(

-Brandon (Xubuntu user)
-wreckedcarzz (July 12, 2008, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

It works great on newer machines too  ;).  Seriously, I just prefer the Xfce interface over the other two.  Not for lightweight, or performance, or anything; I just find it works better for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version