ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

GTDTiddlyWikiPlus for FARR (alias pack)

<< < (7/10) > >>

mouser:
Now as for why tiwi is not showing any results.. that is odd, i'm not sure..
Maybe you could go to the alias tab and select the TiddlyWiki.alias file and look at the tiwi alias and see if its unchecked for any reason.

msgray:
The %PROGRAMFILES% has never been checked; even so I still added FindAndRunRobot to the exclude subdirectories as shown in the screen shot to no avail.

I have since added three more TiddlyWikis to the system and they all return two results as well. I am new to this and I don't know what is normal. I assumed the two results I originally saw was normal.

After some investigation I've found that to prevent the extra results "BOTH" %FARRDIR%MyLocalData/ in Search Folder and C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\MyLocalData/\TiddlyWiki\xxxx\ in Launch History must "both" be unchecked, neither on their own prevents the duplication.

Another way of getting a single return(with both of the above checked again) is in Search Behavior change the "Stop search on regex alias match" that was ticked by default to:  to "exact alias match"

I have checked and double checked and have reached the point of diminishing returns on trying to find a way to get "tiwi" to come up properly like all the rest; short of reinstalling FARR.  Do you have a plugin that will overlay core aliases? I don't know how much of this is my unfamiliarity but I think something is amiss in "tiwi". But as Scarlet O'Hara said; "I'll think about that tomorrow" and it will be corrected in due course.

However I've got everything else working satisfactorily and would like to learn how to package some of this to share.

Regards,

Morris Gray
http://twhelp.tiddlyspot.com
A TiddlyWiki help file for beginners
http://sidebarpluginvault.tiddlyspot.com
World's largest squeezable TW plugin database

mouser:
good for you for discovering the launch history thing. you might want to just delete all the entries on that list (right click and say delete all in the launch history).  that's just a list of previously launched things by you and as you figured out, the fact that you launched it once means its being matched from now on.

as for tiwi alias..
anyone else having this trouble? does tiwi alias not work for anyone else?

as for packaging, basically what you would do is:

* Make a standalone alias file with your new sidebarradio alias definition in it (the alias files are plain text files in xml format so you could just open your myaliases.alias and copy the alias into a new file called sbr.alias).
* Find a nice icon for your alias somewhere and refer to it in your alias like the others do (this is not required but is nice).
* Package those two files along with your sidebar.html in a zip file for people.
* These wiki packs are actually a bit trickier than sharing normal alias packs because the html file has to go into the MyLocalData directory, so the easiest thing might be a zip file with structure like:SbrPack\Readme.txt
SbrPack\AliasGroups\Installed\Sbr\sbr.alias
SbrPack\AliasGroups\Installed\Sbr\sbr.icon
SbrPack\MyLocalData\Sbr\sidebar.html
(but change the directories to match where you refer to the sidebar.html
the readme would tell people to put the the folders in the matching folders in FARR.

I'm afraid right now there is nothing automated about it, but most people will be able to follow the instructions.

kartal:
mouser I setup hotkey for gwp. It shows up fine but everytime i press the shortcut for gwp I need to press enter to bring gtp tiddlywiki in html viewer as well. is there a way to invoke-run gwp automatically?

Restartsearch or search with "/n" does not do the trick for me for some reason

mouser:
Restartsearch or search with "/n" does not do the trick for me for some reason
--- End quote ---
yes i will add.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version