ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

GTDTiddlyWikiPlus for FARR (alias pack)

<< < (5/10) > >>

kartal:
It looks like standard IE zoom in and out shortcuts are not working in internal viewer. Maybe if we can have them enabled I might be able to adjust font sizes?
 :-\

Nod5:
Some thoughts:

There's a very real risk that some users will also want more and more advanced browser related tools, plugins, aliases and add-ons (ad-blockers and so on). It could go downhill to bloat city from there...

I say stick to the core functionality of doing small tasks as quickly and as easily as possible. Primarily to ultraquickly find and operate on files, folders, programs, bookmarks, processes and system settings. Html View Mode adds the functionality of quickly displaying small webpages or local html documents. But that is in line with the core when used for small, clean pages displayed briefly (to check email, rss, tv-schedule, todo and so on). Not so for other heavy-duty, full screen and long time browsing tasks.

To get more specific, here are some possible features for Html View Mode:
1. adress field
2. toolbar buttons: back, forward, home...
3. various browser add-ons
4. full blown adblocker
5. greasemonkey/proxomitron style page manipulation tools
6. alias specific window position, size and focus options
7. tabbed browsing

I'm for 5 & 6 since they can enhance the core by simplifying pages before display and make interaction between Html View Mode and FARR easier through farr:// links.

I'm unsure if 1-4 and 7 would be needed for anything that a regular browser isn't already better suited for. Can you guys give some good examples for why they would be good in FARR? (I can see the point of a %lasturl% variable though)

Another thought: the Html View Mode risks shifting FARR from a very keyboard centric program (which is a great thing when it comes to speed) to something that may require both mouse and keyboard. Adding toolbars could increase that shift even more. The Html View Mode would "fit in" more with the rest of FARR if keyboard navigation for it could be enhanced somehow. For example, when navigating webpage elements with Tab/shift-tab can the selected element be more strongly marked visually through a larger and distinctly colored border? Can FARR take control of the up and down keys for the webpage so that page elements can be navigated that way too? Can FARR similarly control the number keys to click the 1st, 2nd and so on element the displayed html page?

So in summary, I hope that future Html View Mode enhancements are keyboard centric and stick to what I've called the core functionality. But of course in the end it is up to Mouser to set the course for FARR.

nitrix-ud:
i pretty much agree with everything you said Nod5  :Thmbsup:

except i think 1 and 2 are needed
and more than that i think 1 is an absolute must

and i don't think it will be too much work for mouser and i'm sure you will be able to toggle it on and off...  ;)

herojoker:
Why do you want an adress field? In my opinion it's already there! There's only an "igo " before every URL...
Or do you actually want to see the current URL? Then one could easily write a little wrapper page with JS which shows the URL. I guess a full adress bar could be realized this way too (is it possible to retrieve the current URL of a page which is shown in an IFrame?).

nitrix-ud:
There's only an "igo " before every URL...
--- End quote ---

what if you navigate a bit ?
what if you do not use igo directly ?
consider this simple alias :
regex : ^php (.*)
php.net | dosearch htmlviewurl http://www.php.net/$$1
you never see the url in FARR search box, you'll see : php explode (for instance)

Or do you actually want to see the current URL?
--- End quote ---
yes i want to see the current URL and i'd like to be able to change it

you never changed a url by hand ? to change langage, pages, ... to select only the domaine name... and so on and on and on

Then one could easily write a little wrapper page with JS which shows the URL. I guess a full adress bar could be realized this way too (is it possible to retrieve the current URL of a page which is shown in an IFrame?)
--- End quote ---

yes this can be done, but current url of the activex web object is already here
why overcomplexify a simple problem

plus... i understand that mouser will make it optional so i don't think there should be any debate concerning address bar and mini-toolbar

the real debate concerns add-blocker, add-ons, ...
and for that i vote no  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version