ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

GTDTiddlyWikiPlus for FARR (alias pack)

<< < (3/10) > >>

mouser:
on a separate matter.. it's pretty clear we need some way of saving FARR htmlview window sizes -- it's annoying for the window to be too small to display these pages properly.

kartal:
I already asked for that also and wanted that to be part of alias definition(ie fixed size in alias definition)

Btw as far as tiddlywiki goes, it could be best at some point if we can make a modified version that is optimized for Farr. I have no javascript or html skills so I will passon this one but maybe someone with skills could do it in short amount of time.

Again thanks for including this.

mouser:
Just thought of a potential problem with this alias pack -- it will OVERWRITE your wiki file with new installs. Not good.
So please just use this for testing until I figure out a good fix for that.

I have added a new subdirectory to the FARR install: MyLocalData\
This will be the recommended location for all FARR alias packs (and maybe plugin options files) to store user-specific data files.
The files here will NOT be overwritten on program update but can be initialized if they dont exist (which is what was needed to make tiddlywiki work).
In the future I will add the easy ability for users to move this directory anywhere they want on their pc.

So, you can now safely use the tiddlywiki aliases without worrying about our files being erased on update.
And you can add the FARR directory MyLocalData\ to your backup jobs if you want to backup the files here (note: this may not work with VISTA yet).

mouser:
Well before we start trying to make custom versions we have to figure out why this is happening to you and not me and it shouldnt be happening to anyone, without any changes.

s.newave:
on a separate matter.. it's pretty clear we need some way of saving FARR htmlview window sizes -- it's annoying for the window to be too small to display these pages properly.
-mouser (June 13, 2008, 10:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

+10. It is quickly becoming apparent how powerful this html viewer is/will be and this type of functionality is definitely needed. I vote that the alias/plugin should have the ability to set the size of the window although just as the with all other plugins the user should be able to overide this setting. As you suggested earlier the ability to set the sizing for a specific url would be even better :D

If going down this path i would suggest some type of html options page where the user could save a specific regex url mask with the following options:

-window size & position
-keyboard focus
-pre-processing file (file/script to send html to which would in turn return html that would be displayed. greasemonkey style)
-post processing file (file/script to run after launching url)

More options could be added/removed as needed along with a set of default standards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version