ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Rightnote, commercial alternative to abandonware Keynote

<< < (4/8) > >>

superboyac:
Many thanks to kartal for bringing Rightnote to my attention. I've been trying to find a Evernote replacement for the last few days, and now this one is one of my top candidates, though more testing is needed. (Its unicode support isn't complete yet, so I'm weary.)

What can you do with above mentioned products that you cannot do in EverNote?.
-tymrwt33 (June 13, 2008, 11:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

With Rightnote I can do tables and spreadsheets, for example. Don't get me wrong, there are many things Evernote can do that others don't. This is a category that really no one does them all. 2+ years after SuperboyAC did the wonderful note-taker review (which I revisited many times lately ... ah, must make a donation), I found myself still wondering from one to another, liking a bit of each. It's not just the features they have are different. The ways they implement those features also matter.
-mwang (March 18, 2009, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
I feel the same way.

justice:
Tried ResophNotes? I like it a lot.

superboyac:
I just bought RightNote today.  It is currently my preferred information manager.

rjbull:
I just bought RightNote today.  It is currently my preferred information manager.
-superboyac (January 09, 2012, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
What about all the information you've saved in other programs?  Just have to guess what is where?

superboyac:
I just bought RightNote today.  It is currently my preferred information manager.
-superboyac (January 09, 2012, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---
What about all the information you've saved in other programs?  Just have to guess what is where?
-rjbull (January 09, 2012, 03:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well, i haven't really committed to one program yet, but I'm going to start with this one.  What I'm doing now is I have an area in the RN notebook where I bring all my other notes into, and then I'll re-file them from there.  I don't need all my notes from other programs urgently, so unless I miss it, I'm going to leave it alone.  I was able to bring in my old evernote notes with some fiddling (Evernote's restriction's, not RightNote).  So I had a bunch of stuff in Evernote that I brought in.  All the other ones: keynote, onenote, mybase, cintanotes...I'm leaving those alone right now.  I haven't had to go back to 99% of them ever anyway.  However, I have a ton of stuff in InfoQube that I'm not going to bring in because InfoQube's notes are very different that a regular notetaking application like RightNote.  IQ is more of a database/spreadsheet thing and the data inside is a lot more complicated.  Like, I have "interactive" data in Infoqube that is pretty sophisticated: my transcript is in there, with unit and GPA calculations that Pierre helped me with, I have Armando's project management database in there (with addressbooks, task items, and grids linking to each other), I have artist/album libraries in there.  There's no way RightNote can handle stuff like that.  I never used IQ as a general note collector really.

So based on that, my current information management is relying on Rightnote for general notes, CHS for collecting anything I copy, and IQ for sophisticated organizing and complex structuring.  And I'm not sure I would want to combine the features of either of them with another...I've learned to let that go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version