ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Take Command v9 New $20 off, Upgrade $10 off,TC/LE $10 off

<< < (6/7) > >>

Darwin:
Anyone upgraded to v.10 yet  :o
-Darwin (February 14, 2009, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
I've not Darwin. I looked it over and didn't see that the upgrade would make a lot of difference for me. So, although I respect JPSoft and like to support shareware development, I don't think I'm going to given the price and perceived cost/benefit ratio.

What are your thoughts on the upgrade?

Ken
-KenR (February 14, 2009, 02:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

You just spelled 'em out  ;D

tide:
I upgraded (reluctantly) to v.10. I felt that v.9 was not ready for prime time (bugs, very slow to display folders with lots of files, etc.). Version 8 was solid but the new hybrid gui/console is a fascinating idea with some potential. It's too bad JPSoft couldn't get it right the first time and I think they would benefit from a better (i.e. cheaper) upgrade policy especially for beta-class releases.

To their credit, they did give me a "recent purchase" discount even though my official upgrade period expired.

myarmor:
@tide, I don't use the gui at all, just TCC (you find it in the tcmd folder, it doesn't get a shortcut).. It is fast, no dual thingy etc.

I've considered upgrading, but I still don't see the need for it as I currently don't need the extra features.

Upgrade period?? You can upgrade from version 1-9 for half the full price.

tide:
I just haven't gotten around to setting up a keyboard shortcut to TCC but I already had one for v.8. I'll get around to it. :)

And, yes, I got a good discount on top of the half price upgrade. Perhaps DC could talk them into passing that along to members here?

Darwin:
When did you purchase v.9, Tide? I find that if I wait for about five to six months, upgrades go on sale, as noted in the original posting in this thread...

My only beef with TCC is that it gets an upgrade every fall/early winter and that at $100 full price, the 50% off upgrade is still quite steep. They do have a maintenance plan, but it's about $40 on top of the upgrade price and is only available at the time of purchase (I believe free upgrades are for 30 or 90 days from purchase, the maintenance agreement extends that to a year). Of course, I really have nothing to complain about. I use almost none of TCC's advanced features and v.9 works GREAT on my machine...

DC discount is a great idea  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version