ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cross platform, portable Onenote-like software?

<< < (2/3) > >>

electronixtar:
I use and like Evernote. It's sufficient for basic note taking, although the desktop applications offer far greater features then the web version.

Ever use the program wikidPad? (at http://wikidpad.python-hosting.com/)
Looks like something you can use. Free and open source - Screenshot below: (see attachment in previous post)
dhuser
-dhuser (June 11, 2008, 10:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

could this embedd pictures? LOL  ;D

dagconsultores:
Try Zoho Notebook (www.zoho.com). It works online, but pretty well as a substitute for OneNote.

Dag Consultores.

mrspadina:
Notepad++ and Textpad are two very good alternatives that I've used for the past few months now.

MerleOne:
About Evernote, which is cross-platform (at least Mac-PC), I just worry about the fact that your data is also online (from what I have understood) : is this the case, or can you keep everything locally ?

superboyac:
About Evernote, which is cross-platform (at least Mac-PC), I just worry about the fact that your data is also online (from what I have understood) : is this the case, or can you keep everything locally ?
-MerleOne (October 14, 2010, 11:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
I mistakingly thought that for years also.  It's not true.  The truth is Evernote does both.  it stores your data locally AND on their website.  The program syncs itself as you add stuff to it.  I used to not like the idea of it, but it's actually really nice.  You have the option to use evernote locally on your pc, with no internet connection necessary.  But because it syncs, you can also access your data from a web interface if you are on other computers.  And you can also access it using a mac, iphone, ipad.  It's pretty darn cool.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version