ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > FARR Plugins and Aliases

New C# FARR Plugin: FARRGoogleCalendar

<< < (4/7) > >>

jgpaiva:
Ok, glad to know at least we figured out what was causing that.

I belive '\7' worked in previous versions, something must be wrong. (or it was some other escape sequence which i am not remembering correctly  :-[).

I don't think it'd make much sense for that behaviour to be changed for this plugin specifically. I mean, if generaly people would like to use digits to launch, this should apply to this plugin which also has several stuff that can be launched. Still, in the specific situation that you're entering a new event, it might make sense to disable the feature.
Maybe mouser could add a "temporary disable feature" capability to the plugin framework?

IIRC, the plugins that have memo display (like fcalc, for example), ignore that setting and always assume it's off, so the capability is there, in theory.

In short, the answer to your question, sri, would be: No, not at this time.

mouser:
It's the pound sign that escapes digits when you have the "digits launch" option set, e.g. '#7'
I recommend not using that option -- but i'll put a note in the options panel about using #.

snaker:
A great plugin...
I seem to have found a problem with it though. It takes the proxy information from the IE settings. And if the proxy specified there is not working, the plugin crashes and makes FARR crash too. Now since I have FARR on startup, each time I boot my system at home/work, FARR crashes and I need to fix my proxy settings and then restart FARR.

vitalyb:
Glad you enjoy it :).

I see the problem. I see two possible fixes:
1) You make it so the proxy in IE is fixed before FARR is ran.
2) I can do some exception handling that makes the plugin show "connection unavailable" when it can't connec.t

Obviously #2 would be the best option but I have very little time last months to work on FARR. What are you options regarding #1?

snaker:
NP vitalyb, I think I can live with this. For option #1 I would need to write a Windows Script to determine my IP address and depending upon the range keep the proxy enabled in the registry and then launch FARR. Am a lil lazy, but this should not be much effort, I'll do it sometime soon when I find time :)

But IMHO, two things need to be looked at
a. The plugin coders should catch their exceptions.
b. Maybe FARR should not crash on a plugin exception, instead it should notify the user and disable the plugin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version