ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

WebDrive Mini-Review: Caching FTP-to-LocalDrive Mapping Tool

<< < (5/6) > >>

flamerz:
Im another expandrive user... i didnt know about webdrive before.

urlwolf:
I still wonder if these tools are made obsolete by the likes of wuala and dropbox.

wraith808:
I still wonder if these tools are made obsolete by the likes of wuala and dropbox.
-urlwolf (March 09, 2012, 03:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

I guess it depends on your need.  When working with websites that don't have built in FTP, I love using this as it saves me a step.  Dropbox nor wuala solve this problem.  The best use (for me) for this is when you work from things in a variety of locations from tools that don't support those locations.  Also, if you don't *want* to use some service to store your things in the cloud, this really helps.  You can set up your own cloud and not be dependent on others.

mouser:
If you're planning on using WebDrive to do file synchronization with a remote server, I can no longer recommend it.

For reasons completely unfathomable to me, last week WebDrive decided that it would redownload EVERY file EVERY time it connects, rendering it completely unusable as a file synchronization tool.  Your mileage may very but the app went from essential to useless for me overnight.

Ath:
last week WebDrive decided that it would redownload EVERY file EVERY time it connects
-mouser (March 16, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Is this something to do with DST that changed last weekend in the Northern America's?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version