ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

Programming Contest from DonationCoder.com and Veign.com - Deadline July 1st

<< < (10/13) > >>

boo_radley:
definitely  :up:
-mouser (July 02, 2008, 05:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is the contest still going?

Veign:
Yes.  Please feel free to enter...

VideoInPicture:
My second submission for the DC Programming Contest: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14039.0 (Circle Dock - The world's first open source circle and spiral dock.)

hollowlife1987:
OK I finally got my project finished here it is.

Btts - Bit-Torrent Tracker Sharp
Btts is a Bit-Torrent (BT) tracker made in C# with ASP.net. That's right Btts hosts its own ASP.net pages
The whole purpose of Btts is to allow anyone running Windows XP SP2 or newer to run their own small Torrent tracker site.

The tracker part of Btts is made in entirely in ASP.net, while the executable it self hosts the ASP.net pages.

Requirements

* Windows PC running XP SP2 or later.
* Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 which you can download here
* Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 from here
* Btts which you can obtain here
General Usage Instructions
After you install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 and Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition 3.5 its time to start up Btts
All you have to do after downloading Btts is extract it to a directory of your choice and run it.
When Btts is running choose a password for the admin section of the Btts Webpage. (NOTE: If you leave the password blank the previous password entered will be used.)
Then all you do is cick Start and the server will Startup and when the light turns green your all good to go.  :)

Screen Shots

Challenges
I'm going to have to say the biggest challenge was getting the web server working.
It took so much time to get to even just a working state for this project and still needs a bit of work done to make it fully ASP.net capable.

Eóin:
Ok here is my updated entry. The extra two weeks gave me the chance to do some huge UI polishing and usability improvements. It also allowed me to added a feature I really wanted to support, sub-profiles.

I have written up a small page giving an introduction, you can find that here on my site. I've attached the binary download links here again (hope you don't mind mouser) as I'm going to apply for a SourceForge project, it is open-source after all. Unfortunately I should have applied sooner as it can take a day or two.

I hope people check it out and like it, shout if you have suggestions :)

Update! The latest download links can now be found on this page.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version