ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software for use with scanner?

<< < (3/6) > >>

steeladept:

PaperPort is supposed to be great as you say steeladept for office use but @ $199 it's definitely overkill for what I want.

-tomos (June 03, 2008, 11:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's that much!?!  Goodness, no wonder everyone likes it when they have it.  I didn't look as you can tell.  I know PaperPort LE came with many scanners a while back, but I never imagined it would cost that much.  Perhaps they still have a PaperPort LE (or equivalent) version you can download for free?  Just a thought.

hornet:
I recently had problems with HP's Solution Center when instaling another HP all-in-one.

The scanner worked ok but HP's program would not work with it - registry mismatch.

I tried a number of other programs - most were so called photo copier programs.  But they allowed you to select the scanner and the printer.  Which meant I could scan a document and file it as a pdf (which is what I wanted).

I used:

icarbon
photocopier
copying machine (ex meusoft)

Files were downloaded from Snapfiles Pro as free software.

Regards,

Harry.

tomos:
thanks to all for the new tips!

this morning tried ScannerCopier (see post #3) which is called Copier when installed
looked very promising - can select area you want scanned, simple clear interface,
it can do a preview  but is unable to actually scan with my scanner...
more :(

@Steeladept, with PaperPort they do actually have a non-"pro" version hidden away on their website (hate when people arent upfront about prices & what they offer :down: but seems the norm these days) for 99.99
Definitely didnt see any free version :)

will try another this evening..

steeladept:
Sorry.  Like you, I didn't see it either.  I think it was just a special version that came with some brands of scanners.  It was worth a shot though.

icekin:
I use PrecisionScan Pro which came with my HP scanner, and I personally think its excellent, but I am not sure if it will work with non-HP scanners.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version