ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

For what it's worth, DC Homepage is now google PageRank 6

<< < (3/9) > >>

mouser:
By the way search results in google are not affected by pagerank.
--- End quote ---

right, which is google's little joke -- and the punchline is:

google has it's own trustrank (internal and not published)
--- End quote ---

whatever -- i need to not think about these things -- it just makes me angry if i do.  google does whatever the hell they want and we should just get used to it and take it and keep quiet.

mahesh2k:
By the way, do see why the data to google is not available after april 2010.

http://trends.google.com/websites?q=donationcoder.com&geo=all&date=2010&sort=0

I guess traffic started falling from search after April. My observation is that forums with human-readable URL's (/forum/topic-name.html etc) are likely to get crawled and sorted easily by google. Take example of Vbulletin and IPB forums compared to SMF/PhpBB.

mouser:
now im REALLY confused.  wtf happened in that chart -- i don't understand at all what happened.  help?

mahesh2k:
Check results of these two queries:

site:donationcoder.com

site:donationcoder.com/forum/
--- End quote ---

1. 5,880 results

2. 2,680 results

Many pages are not yet re-indexed by the spider. I guess have to wait till they re-index/recrawl those pages. By the way is forum using redirection ? for redirecting from old URL format to new ? if not then many old links from other sites are dead and also lost the linkvalue from google.

mouser:
yes its using a permanent redirect from old forum url addresses to new.

can anyone explain the google chart mahesh linked above, and explain why it suddenly stops in april? i just dont get that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version