ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

For what it's worth, DC Homepage is now google PageRank 6

<< < (6/9) > >>

mahesh2k:
If you want to avoid search results then just block

Disallow: /Forums/bb/index.php?action=search
--- End quote ---

I don't see any good reasons for blocking plenty of other pages where google should crawl. e.g.

/forum/index.php?action=recent
/forum/index.php?action=recentdense
--- End quote ---

I'll check with SMF docs or forums which robots.txt settings members prefer to avoid this problem.

JavaJones:
I assume mouser that you didn't really change the robots.txt with the move anyway, so that's probably not the explanation. Yes?

- Oshyan

mouser:
I assume mouser that you didn't really change the robots.txt with the move anyway, so that's probably not the explanation. Yes?
--- End quote ---

very good point -- although i have played with it a little bit since the move, those disallows were mostly all there before and it didn't affect anything.

/forum/index.php?action=recent
/forum/index.php?action=recentdense
--- End quote ---

again these are pages that have lists of posts.. i suppose it wouldn't hurt to let the spider go to these pages, its just that it makes no sense indexing them since they change their content every day and just provide alternate ways to get to other pages that can be easily traversed by viewing forum pages from the board index.  though maybe it makes sense to let the spider go to those pages and just put meta tags on them to tell the spider not to save the contents of those pages in their indices.

mouser:
I found some interesting settings in the webmaster tools site for donationcoder.com, not sure how they got this way, OR if they have any impact, but given that the topic parameter is what signifies what page of forum posts the user is reading, it seems kind of important.

I've changed them, lets' see if it has any effect.  Of course because this is google there is no way to get a straight answer about if it will have an effect, how long it will take to see any change, etc.

timns:
Maybe we were hacked by some competing forum!  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version