ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Take Command Console LE from JPSoft

<< < (3/5) > >>

Josh:
Now this is something I would like to see a discount on! This would be huge!

rjbull:
I just heard about another free console enhancer:  Console

Console is a Windows console window enhancement. Console features include: multiple tabs, text editor-like text selection, different background types, alpha and color-key transparency, configurable font, different window styles

--- End quote ---

jgpaiva:
Just linking to an interesting thread here on DC about Console, mentioned in the previous post:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=7291.0

f0dder:
I just heard about another free console enhancer:  Console
-rjbull (June 08, 2008, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
Pretty unstable, though - and it's relatively laggy as well, unless you bump down the update timeout and burn CPU cycles. And has problems with some "fullscreen console apps" (like hexit and hiew).

myarmor:
How does this compare to tools like PowerCmd and Windows Powershell? I've used Powershell before and enjoyed it, but also found that it took longer to start up than regular Command Console by a few seconds.
-icekin (June 08, 2008, 08:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I guess the nearest comparable item would be PowerShell in that Take Command replaces the commandprocessor
entirely, not just use the same old but adds more fluff.
TCC would most likely be easier to handle than PowerShell, at least for those that have created a batchfile before,
powershell seems to bee too much of a difference..
In addition it extends just about every internal/external function the normal command processor has, in addition to adding several new ones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version