ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Html View Mode in FARR (Find and Run Robot)

<< < (7/8) > >>

herojoker:
AFAIK XULRunner is able to help you embedding Mozilla Gecko.
For example the project RSSOwl can make use of it.

czb:
Yes but XULRunner is 20MB! not possible to bundle with FARR I guess. But still there is a possibility to embed xulrunner into IE and that way it could be embeded to FARR. (only for those willing to use mozilla)

But I think that XUL definitely rocks! Those of you having Firefox try examples on this page:
http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2006/12/xule-what-if/
it is unbelievable what you can do with it. It would be perfect for FARR purposes! Pitty it is not supported by IE. Or at least if there was any easy plugin for IE to support XUL...

electronixtar:
electronixtar: do you think there is a way how to use mozilla gecko instead?
-czechboy (June 02, 2008, 11:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's even slower~~ mshtml.dll is preloaded in Windows, but loading loading HTML is slow compared to GDI styled text & image

webkit is slowest~~~  ;D GTalk Labs Edtion use Webkit as html render engine, pretty ugly

electronixtar:
Yes but XULRunner is 20MB! not possible to bundle with FARR I guess. But still there is a possibility to embed xulrunner into IE and that way it could be embeded to FARR. (only for those willing to use mozilla)

But I think that XUL definitely rocks! Those of you having Firefox try examples on this page:
http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2006/12/xule-what-if/
it is unbelievable what you can do with it. It would be perfect for FARR purposes! Pitty it is not supported by IE. Or at least if there was any easy plugin for IE to support XUL...

-czechboy (June 03, 2008, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

IMHO since Windows 95 Active Desktop could embedd webpages on desktop

what an 'invention' from mozilla!  ;D

IE does not support  SVG cauze IE has VML support, which comes from 'Art Text' in MS Office. Also IE8 seemed to support 'canvas' tag

skajfes:
First thing that came to mind when I saw html mode was prettyer output for plugins like timer, but this is quite unusable because html mode steals focus from the text box. Could this be bypassed somehow so the output can be dynamically changed as the user types in something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version