ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

any plans to "force" stubborn programs?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Zeph:
if someone could find a program or two for me that pt can't tame that i could run during testing, that would help a lot.
-mouser (October 30, 2005, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
My first post here, so hello everyone.

I've just moved to process tamer from process lasso, I prefer the way you can quickly toggle on/off from tray icon, and I notice that PT can't tame winlogin.exe (XP pro sp2) yet PL can. Not sure if it's related to PL running as a service and PT not, but it's one of the first things I noticed. So at least you have something to play with whilst testing.

Hope that helps. :)

P.s. the site mentions something about a 'members only version' of the program, but I can't seem to find it, although I am happy with the version I am using so it's no big deal. Just wondering if I missed it or something.

mouser:
welcome to the site zeph!

if it says somewhere about a members only version of the program then that's just a mistaken holdover from when we allowed members early access to the most recent versions.  now we allow everyone access to the most recent releases, so there is only 1 version for everyone.  (if you remember where it says that let me know and i'll correct).

yes, we have to add the ability to tame such things - process tamer 3 is in the works and the ability to tame these is definitely planned; as you say it's likely due to the fact that pt does not run as a service. couple ways we can solve it, not sure which route to take at the moment, but we'll get it supported.

looking forward to more suggestions as well.

Zeph:
Hi mouser,

Thanks for the promt reply. v3 sounds great I look forward to it. :)

As for where it says members version, its in the middle of the main PT page.

Join the site to get access to the latest members-only version of this program

If you like Process Tamer, check out Find+Run Robot and Screenshot Captor
--- End quote ---

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/proctamer/index.html

Like I say, I'm happy with this version (although v3 should be cool), I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. ;)

mouser:
web page fixed  :up:

keep the suggestions coming.

mouser:
zeph seems to have figured out that indeed running pt as a service solves this problem (https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=1765)

; running as a service will be added to PT3.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version