ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

VERY impressed with dtSearch - application and sales

<< < (2/2)

Armando:
Thanks for the info Darwin, I might give dtSearch another try...

J-Mac:
No Chris....

That's MY machine!

Jim

Darwin:
Armando - note that as far as I've been able to tell, dtSearch won't index the comments field in word docs (or docx) out of the box. I haven't yet discovered a setting to enable it, either. X1 is the same - hasn't indexed my Comments fields and I can't see how to make it do so. Archivarius, on the other hand, picks them up every time  :Thmbsup:

EDIT: X1 found the test comment that I had created after I posted this - doesn't actually show the comment field though, so it's a bit weird having a document highlighted without the word searched for evident in the preview...

Armando:
EDIT: X1 found the test comment that I had created after I posted this - doesn't actually show the comment field though, so it's a bit weird having a document highlighted without the word searched for evident in the preview...
-Darwin (June 03, 2008, 08:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I know, weird. There are also other weirdnesses in X1, but all in all, it's fast. I actually find it faster than Archivarius  for multiple terms searches (or complete phrases) -- especially the first search : subsequent searches are quicker, which is expected. Once archivarius has done its first search, it's actually almost as fast as X1.

Note that I haven't installed X1's last version. I didn't find the change log compelling. I might give it a try anyways. Shouldn't do anything bad, hopefully.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version