ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Flash Game of the Week: Robokill

<< < (3/5) > >>

Deozaan:
Okay I just beat it. That last mission was actually a bit challenging, but with no penalty for dying other than sometimes robots reclaiming a room, I had no fear of death. I only died a few times.

One strategy I found was that if you clear a room before destroying any of the orange cargo containers (which seem to contain nothing besides traps anyway) you get the shield recharge bonus. Then if you destroy a container with a trap, the room locks again and when you destroy the trap you get the recharge bonus again. That worked pretty well since most of the time the trap was a weakling spider or enemy that could do no harm if you let it crawl in your face for five minutes. :)

I'm not sure if I'd buy it though. It was by far the best Flash game I've ever played, but $10 is actually a significant purchase to me right now and there are all kinds of other games being released these days for around the same price vying for my dollar. I'm looking at you, WiiWare!

Although, if the stupid Defend Your Castle can make it to WiiWare, I see no reason why Robokill couldn't. I might actually enjoy this game more if I could use the Wii Pointer to aim and the nunchuck to drive around.

In fact, I pledge right now to buy Robokill for Wii if it ever makes it. I'll even buy it twice so I can "gift" it to my brother.

Lashiec:
Although, if the stupid Defend Your Castle can make it to WiiWare, I see no reason why Robokill couldn't. I might actually enjoy this game more if I could use the Wii Pointer to aim and the nunchuck to drive around.

In fact, I pledge right now to buy Robokill for Wii if it ever makes it. I'll even buy it twice so I can "gift" it to my brother.
-Deozaan (May 31, 2008, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

WiiWare has a fairly relaxed set of criteria to include a game in the service, so I guess it's a matter of their creators to talk with Nintendo about it.

Dr-Leech:
Wow, this is very addictive..

f0dder:
Only looked at the screenshot from mouser's first post - brings back memories of Alien Breed. I think I'm gonna give it a try... but I better fix some dinner first, if it's half as good as mouser insinuates ;)

Cavalcader:
Very cool game. I ran out of energy (mentally) on my first run-through after reaching level 8 experience and mission 3, but I'm gonna give it another shot. Will have to try the low detail setting for the game on my somewhat slow computer -- some of the rooms were bogging down the CPU/GPU with too much going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version