topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Some problems  (Read 7768 times)

silverwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Some problems
« on: October 18, 2005, 04:29 PM »
Hi,

first of all, it is annoying that Screenshot Captor does not remember the "Save copy of image as ..." folder. Each and every time I use this command (and I use it OFTEN) I have to retype the complete folder. Jesse, can you change that, please?

Then it saves the file (e.g. as a .gif) and additonally a file named "name.gif.objects". If I save a "copy of file", I only want the pure output and no additional files. The .objects file has to be saved with the original screenshot only, IMO.

Apart from that the text I have typed inside the image is rendered incorrectly. What I see inside SCaptor is not the same what I get in the saved (copy of) file. To see what I mean have a look at http://silo.kanns.de...ilder/messi_text.gif. The upper part shows what I see in SC, the bottom what I get in the exported .gif.

Then I took a capture and edited it. Without explicitly saving the changes, I took another capture - and lost all my changes in the previous capture! It reverted to the original captured screen.  :tellme:

Another strange thing: I made a capture, edited it, made a second capture - and had two times the same output. No matter which thumbnail (on the left side) I clicked, I always got the second capture. After restarting SC, it displayed both (different) captures correctly.  :huh:

May it as it be ... SC is a GREAT piece of software. Let's start bughunting :-)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Some problems
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 04:49 PM »
May it as it be ... SC is a GREAT piece of software. Let's start bughunting :-)

sounds good to me.

1) remember save copy as folder: ok i will add it, no problem.
2) save copy as should not save ".objects" file - i actually thought of this before, ok i will add an option for this, no problem.
3) the difference in text appearance might be due to some antialiasing only enabled during save - could you send me the image+objects file of an example picture where you can see this effect and i can more easily try to find a good fix?
4) i am in the process of replacing the thumbnail browser component, which will result in a faster and more stable interaction with thumbnails and files - the current thumbnail browser is very flakey and has been acting up with issues like you have pointed out sometimes with clicking on an image and it not loading.
5) as far as reverting to old version when you take a new screenshot - it should not do that, it should have first asked you whether to save or abandon your changes to current file.  but its a bit confusing when you tell it to capture a screenshot and you hear a sound and then it asks you what to do with old file - i think the better solution is, if you have been editing an image and try to take a new screenshot it won't take the new screenshot yet but will FIRST ask you to save or discard current changes (unless you have autosave turned on).

my committment on this site is, anyone who takes the time to find bugs and post about them, and help explain them, i will match that with my efforts to fix them.  ill try to get these fixed in the next week - just have to give me a couple days since ive been working last 8 days upgrading the site software and writing scritpts, etc. with little sleep :)

silverwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 04:19 AM »
could you send me the image+objects file of an example picture where you can see this effect and i can more easily try to find a good fix?

The files are on their way :-)

About your solution regarding the 'save - new screenshot problem': That sounds OK to me.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 08:29 AM »
quick update, #1 and #2 above have been fixed, will be in next version updated today; looking at other problems now.

silverwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 02:33 PM »
Good news!

I guess you'll announce the update here once it is available?

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 03:48 PM »
Good news!

I guess you'll announce the update here once it is available?

Hi silverwolf

ckeck out the sticky thread on top of this forum for news
https://www.donation...dex.php?topic=1141.0

HTH

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2005, 11:08 PM »
ok i've added a flag to turn antialiasing on and off so as to make file saves look like screen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 12:44 AM by mouser »

silverwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2005, 02:49 PM »
That sounds good to me! Will check it as soon as the file is available.