ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

is it possible to search the search history ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

vitalyb:
Pleeeeeeeeeease also add the functionality to keep a per alias/plugin history that can be searched against when using that alias.
--- End quote ---

Allow me to join to the plea.

Including the original link with the request and a mock-up of how I think it should look:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=11264.msg92666#msg92666

Babis:

I would also love the feature to be able to search inside google searches. If I can do this, I say goodbay to Googlebar Lite.

s.newave:
Not sure why you wouldn't want to have the history show up in the results box. After all they are results, just ones you used in the past 8). I think adding another box just adds an extra level of complexity thats not really needed.

Also to be clear i think we might be talking about different things. Im suggesting a history that can be shared amongst different alias's or specifically for a single alias which is only displayed after that alias has been activated and not a kind of autocomplete feature that functions on farr's root level.

-For example say you had an alias called "go" that after you entered a keyword it would launch that website. So you type "go <donationcoder>" and the alias would simply wrap the keyword with www and .com. Now if you had a history for that alias as soon as you started typing "go don.." it would search your history and display donationcoder in the results box and than you would hit enter to launch the site. Pretty soon you would have all your most visited sites in the history!

-Another example of using a shared history is say you're interested in purchasing "product x". You search google for reviews on the product by doing your  normal "google <product x>". Now that keyword is entered into a shared history called "search history" which is specified in the alias/plugin settings. You now decide you want to buy this item and subsequently search amazon and ebay for it however you already have "product x" in your history making it a lot easier/quicker to search for it especially if it has some long convoluted product name which most do :D. Same thing applies to searches for movie reviews than locations it is playing etc....

You could also distinguish history items with a unique icon so you could tell at a glance which is a previous history result.

nitrix-ud:
For example say you had an alias called "go" that after you entered a keyword it would launch that website. So you type "go <donationcoder>" and the alias would simply wrap the keyword with www and .com. Now if you had a history for that alias as soon as you started typing "go don.." it would search your history and display donationcoder in the results box and than you would hit enter to launch the site. Pretty soon you would have all your most visited sites in the history!
--- End quote ---

i use a regex mask like so :
^(https?://)?(([0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+: )?[0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+@)?(([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}|localhost|([0-9a-z_!~*'()-]+\.)*([0-9a-z][0-9a-z-]{0,61})?[0-9a-z]\.[a-z]{2,6})(:[0-9]{1,4})?((/?)|(/[0-9a-z_!~*'().;?:@&=+$,%#-]+)+/?)$

just type an url and it works like a charm  :up:

i think we need a different box because you don't want to add an extra step... and because we are not talking about history only...
and do not forget one alias may lead to many many results... not like most of the other launchers (launchy, dash, quicksilver, etc.)

now my initial request is to be able to filter the historys results (past searches), they are displayed in the result box and that's fine with me (no complain about that :))

s.newave:
For example say you had an alias called "go" that after you entered a keyword it would launch that website. So you type "go <donationcoder>" and the alias would simply wrap the keyword with www and .com. Now if you had a history for that alias as soon as you started typing "go don.." it would search your history and display donationcoder in the results box and than you would hit enter to launch the site. Pretty soon you would have all your most visited sites in the history!
--- End quote ---

i use a regex mask like so :
^(https?://)?(([0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+: )?[0-9a-z_!~*'().&=+$%-]+@)?(([0-9]{1,3}\.){3}[0-9]{1,3}|localhost|([0-9a-z_!~*'()-]+\.)*([0-9a-z][0-9a-z-]{0,61})?[0-9a-z]\.[a-z]{2,6})(:[0-9]{1,4})?((/?)|(/[0-9a-z_!~*'().;?:@&=+$,%#-]+)+/?)$

just type an url and it works like a charm  :up:
-nitrix-ud (May 29, 2008, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Already have an alias that does a similar thing although yours does look a little more impressive :). My point though was more about the history and not having to retype the same url/keyword over and over.

i think we need a different box because you don't want to add an extra step... and because we are not talking about history only...
and do not forget one alias may lead to many many results... not like most of the other launchers (launchy, dash, quicksilver, etc.)

--- End quote ---

Still not sure what you mean by this, which extra step?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version