ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wireless Internet signal allergy

<< < (2/2)

cranioscopical:
So they'd have to remove all Pine trees from the area too...
I wonder if these people complain when they get too close to a tree
-Deozaan (May 25, 2008, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---
Certainly not, they're within the cone of silence!

J-Mac:
I agree that without any such diagnosis formally existing there can be no accommodation required by an employer or government agency.

However I'm not quite laughing it off either! After all the relatively large number of people worldwide who believe that the waves carrying mobile phone signals can cause brain cancer have caused myriads of scientific studies looking for a correlation. (Not that I worry much about it here as I type this reply on my Blackberry!!). Try to imagine the horrors of such an allergy if it WERE true! There would be virtually no escape from such an allergy in this day and age. Eeewww!

I don't entirely dismiss such claims anymore - as I did for most of my life - mainly because static electricity has become a very large annoyance in recent years. I have personally destroyed a Motorola 6412 Cable Box/DVR, two DVD Players (a Panasonic & a Sanyo, and a Panasonic Home Theater receiver. What always used to be a tiny blue spark and a little snapping sound has become a miniature blue lightning bolt of a half inch to an inch with a much louder crack. We moved from a very cold climate to Florida and lived there for 8 years - hot, humid, and NO static electricity. But ever since we moved back up north I have been frying electronic devices ever since!

None of that really means much of anything. But before that I would have routinely dismissed any such claims about static electricity as laughable.  Go figure...

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version