ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why do children love CAPS LOCK?

<< < (2/6) > >>

cthorpe:
I teach 6th graders at a school where all the students are issued laptops.  For many of them, caps lock is the only way to know to get capital letters.  They will hit it, type the first letter of the work, then hit caps lock again.  Many times, they would forget to turn it off.  It took a lot of work to teach them that all they need to do to produce a capital is hold down shift while typing the letter.

tuntis:
That's nothing: I had a teacher who didn't just use caps-lock excessively, but also used Comic Sans and NUMEROUS EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!

f0dder:
That's nothing: I had a teacher who didn't just use caps-lock excessively, but also used Comic Sans and NUMEROUS EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!
-tuntis (May 24, 2008, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
Such people should be shot on sight - mercy kill! >_<

yksyks:
In fact I'm more upset by adults who are not using uppercase letters at the beginning of sentences or writing "I" as "i"... Sounds familiar?  :P

Shades:
The teachers from my technical school were a lot more strict. For any grammatical and/or spelling and/or formatting error one full point less for the report you created....yep, no more A's for them youngsters anymore.

Their reasoning was that you have to be able to write a report that had to be readable by anyone in the chosen field of the profession (from the technical person till the chairman of the board). Not being able to write in a proper fashion will lead to disrespect from your peers (and people higher in the "food chain") as well.

Ah well, the inability to write correctly with the latest generation (script kiddies)....makes it quite easy to recognize the spam they send out to mailboxes. I sometimes have a good laugh at what is written to lure me into something  ;) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version