ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR in other languages?

<< < (4/5) > >>

mouser:
Would it be difficult to make FARR also search for localized names and match them to the respective elements?
--- End quote ---

Hi raingros,
Sorry for the delay in replying!
I am going to add a new feature to farr very shortly that will let you very easily manage a simple text list of search "translations", so you could easily have a list of things like
rechner = calc

Then whenever you type rechner it will behave like you typed "calc".

(aliases can do this kind of thing but they are more time consuming to create and manage -- this will let you do common things more easily).

mouser:
Try the new beta, and check out the "Quick Search Words" tab.

Download beta version (2.220.1) from here (portable zip).

[Feature] A new "Quick Search Words" tab in options allows you to specify quick search word replacements; here you can quickly specify words that have alternate meanings when typed into the search box.  Start each line with a search word, followed by = and then the replacement text.  For example, if you would like to be able to type "ff" to search for "firefox" you can specify that here as "ff = firefox".  This just makes it much easier to do certain simple things without using aliases.

raingros:
Hi mouser!

Thanks you for your reply. :)

I'll check your new beta with the "Quick Search Words" tab.

But don't you think it would be eben better if FARR on Non-English system would work just the same way as the start menu does? I think most users just want to replace the start menu with a more powerful and handier app like FARR. I think it would be the best solution to read the localized app names like Rechner for Calculator aka Calc.exe without havin to check if a "Quick Search Word" has already been created.

Maybe that could be easily achieved with the SHGetLocalizedName function?

mouser:
raingros,

Could you help me understand something -- FARR works by checking filenames and shortcut names.. so as long as the entries in your start menu say "Rechner", they should be found by farr..

Is it that even in your start menu the calculator is called "Calculator" and not "Rechner" or is it that the calculator app is not on the start menu at all? or?

raingros:
I see! I think it's not enough to check filenames and shortcut names, because Windows itself doesn't show the real values of these elements, but  the localized file names and shortcut names it finds in the file desktop.ini in the corresponding folder, in our case c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\:

--- ---[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21761
[LocalizedFileNames]
Remote Desktop Connection.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe,-4000
displayswitch.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\displayswitch.exe,-320
Paint.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22054
Sync Center.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\System32\SyncCenter.dll,-3000
Wordpad.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22069
[b]Calculator.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22019[/b]
Sound Recorder.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\SoundRecorder.exe,-100
Welcome Center.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\OobeFldr.dll,-33056
Bluetooth File Transfer Wizard.lnk=@C:\Windows\system32\fsquirt.exe,-2303
NetworkProjection.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\NetProjW.dll,-501
Math Input Panel.lnk=@%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Ink\mip.exe,-291
Snipping Tool.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\SnippingTool.exe,-15051
Mobility Center.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\mblctr.exe,-1008
Sticky Notes.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\SNTSearch.dll,-505

FARR doesn't find these localized names, but the Windows start menu does (see attached images). Further, I attached you some image about the file representation of Windows Explorer (localized) in contrast to Total Commander (not localized).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version