ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

LifeHacker vote, stage 2, final voting

<< < (2/7) > >>

Armando:
Grrrrr... I really wonder why the heck all these other launchers get so many votes. It shouldn't be called "best application launchers", but "favorite application launchers"... this pole is not about being the best in class, but just about preference and appearance.

I've never seen a really objective and careful side by side comparison of any of these apps. No doubt, if one day a real comparison was done, things would appear differently.

Armando:
Saw this thread first. Saw the other one after...  :) I see I'm not the only one complaining.

mouser:
FARR is at 3%, lowest of the bunch.  :tellme:

Dormouse:
I think the number of votes for FARR is pretty good, given its lower profile. And the profile should have been raised by being in it. I would have thought that LH readers would get more use out of FARR than Launchy - but what do I know since I use neither regularly?

It's hardly a sensible poll either - after all what do votes for Quicksilver (Mac) and Gnome Do (Linux) actually mean, application or OS?

I'm not voting, though I use RocketDock. I prefer to use a mouse rather than a keyboard and it's the only option I have on the list. AFAIK, the only real alternative is Stardock - so that would be the comparison for me.

As far as I can see, it is a methodology (LH's 5 choice polls) being used to proselitise launcher apps. And without consideration of all the possibilites of using OS features to achieve the same end.

Armando:
all these "best ....." polls are inappropriate. Like I said in my "unposted" comment there (at LH), the polls should be renamed and called : "most popular ....", and the  question should be : "what is your favorite .....".  That 3% only shows that farr could reach more people than it does right now. How? I don't know...  Maybe with more eye candy. It's definitely got potential for reaching a wider audience. IMO, it's not that hard to use!!! My feeling is that the article will give farr more visibility.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version